Sports background and the reason why I became a bike fitter.
Road cyclist, Mountain and Gravel biker. Since my grandfather has introduced me to the world of cycling at the age of ten, my passion has never faded despite some unintentional interruptions. Following several accidents that left some traces, I had to adapt my position on my bikes and began to observe more thoroughly the cyclists with whom I was riding. I was surprised to see how many cyclists had a bike or a position that does not suit them. I could figure out why they complained about discomfort or even overuse issues.
As a cycling physical therapist, I had many cycling patients and was sometimes frustrated by the poor efficiency of my treatments, probably mostly because of that the missing link. Who goes to his doctor or his therapist with his bike?
- 1991: Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
- 1992: Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy and revalidation in sport.
- 2012: Addition of postural studies for cyclists to my activities as physio.
- 2014: Stopping my physio therapist activities to devote myself entirely to cycling. Biomechanics.
My course as a bike fitter
Wanting to offer my clients the best possible service, I am more in search of new knowledge and new contacts than of the latest eye catching technology.
As I believe in what I do and because people should understand that not all fitter is a fitter who claims to be, I am member of the IBFI as regional representative for Luxembourg, Belgium and France.
- 25.01 & 26.01.2012: 1st ICS International Cyclefit Symposium (London – U.K.)
- 24.02 – 26.02.2013: 2nd ICS International Cyclefit Symposium (London – U.K.)
- 11.11 & 12.11.2013: 1st ISCO – International Symposium on Cycling Optimization (Münster – Germany)
- 14.01 & 15.01.2014: ISCO Fit School Level 2: Force analysis, biomechanics 2, point-foot contact, physiology (Münster – Germany)
- 13.02 & 14.02.2014: 3rd International ICS Cyclefit Symposium (London – U.K.)
- 01 & 02.07.2015: Conference “Science & Cycling” (Utrecht – The Netherlands)
- 09.11 & 10.11.2015: 2nd ISCO – International Symposium on Cycling Optimization (Münster – Germany)
- 15.06 & 16.06.2016: Body positioning and Foot correction (Tony Corke / Einhoven – The Netherlands)
- 28.06.2016: Masterclass “Technology in Cycling Science” (Schade, Fonda, Kraus / Caen – France)
- 29 & 30.06.2016: Conference “Science & Cycling” (Caen – France)
- 01.07.2016: Masterclass “Science of cycling injury prevention” (Paul Visentiny / Caen – France)
- 14.11 & 15.11.2016: ICS 4th International Cyclefit Symposium (Manchester – U.K.)
- 30.01 – 03.02.2017: Training F.I.S.T. – Slowtwitch (Dan Empfield / Los Angeles – USA)
- 27.06.2017: Masterclass “Aerodymanics & Position Stability” (Daniel Schade & Björn Geesmann / Velodrome Büttgen – Germany)
- 28 & 29.06.2017: Science & Cycling Conference (Düsseldorf – Germany)
- 30.06.2017: Masterclass “Identification and treatment of cyclist disorders” (Curtis Cramblett / Düsseldorf – Germany)
- 16 & 17.04.2018: “Biomechanics of Cycling” with a focus on biomechanics of the foot (Jean-Luc de Meyer / Bike Experience – Belgium)
- 03.07.2018: Masterclass “Lower Quarter Disorders – Evaluation and interventions on and off the bike” (Curtis Crablett / Nantes – France)
- 04.07 & 05.07.2018: Conference “Science & Cycling” (Nantes – France)
- 06.07.2018: Masterclass “Integration of multiple evidence based tools, techniques and systems in coherent and objective assessment of bike fit” (Jeroen Swart / Nantes – France)
- 02.11 & 03.11.2018: 3rd ISCO – International Symposium on Cycling Optimization (Münster – Germany)
- 07.11 & 08.11.2018: Aero Consulting Level Pro (Tony Corke, Bike Valley – Belgium)
The International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) is an international organisation developing a global standard for the bike fitting industry.
By providing an internationally-recognised accreditation scheme, IBFI protects established, trained bike fitters while helping cyclists access the skills and services they expect.
The not-for-profit organisation is overseen by some of the world’s top bike fitters and bike fit experts, and is supported by the industry’s leading organisations and education providers.