Frequently asked pre-fit questions
What do I need for the fit?
- For all services and as long as Covid-19 is among us: your mask 😷.
- For a fit, cleats adjustment or the making of custom footbeds: your (clean😜) bike(s), tires inflated properly. The fit is dynamic; the measurements (motion capture, saddle pressure measurement), and pedaling technique assessment are made while you pedal.
- For triathlon and time trial bikes: the complete kit that came with the bike. In case of a second-hand bike, please make sure that you got everything that should come with the bike to adjust the front end.
- All formulas: your cycling shoes. Cleats adjustment is important and part of the fit. Brand new cleats don’t give me any pieces of information so please, don’t mount new cleats before the fit. Of course, if they are worn out, I will replace them, but only after having seen the old ones (on your shoes!) Please check the corresponding box is a second pair of cleats have to be verified/adjusted.
- All formulas: your usual cycling outfit, preferably short. Measurements made with jeans would completely distort the results.
- Formulas Basic & Ortho: an outfit adapted to the weather. After the adjustments, a small outdoor test will be proposed (except for the Express-formula) to make the feeling come true.
- For a fit: your competition helmet for triathlon or time trial. The helmet will also be necessary in case of an outdoor test.
- Formulas Basic & Ortho: medical reports or X-ray check-ups if you consult for pain or discomfort related to cycling.
- All formulas: you have the opportunity to take a shower after your session, so all you need for that purpose.
- Time; the session lasts between two and four hours, depending on the chosen formula(s). And sometimes small adjustments might take more time than expected.
PLEASE REREAD THIS LIST THE DAY BEFORE OF YOUR APPOINTMENT 😉
Covid-19: Special sanitary measures?
Since we will be in close contact during your session, it is important for you and for me to minimize the risk of viral infection. I hope I can count on your understanding with these measures:
- Please come alone.
- Before welcoming you inside, I will take your temperature with an infrared thermometer and measure your pulsed oxygen saturation using a digital pulse oximeter. If the measured values indicate a risk of infection, we will unfortunately have to postpone our session.
- We will both wear a mask and we will do our best to keep it on throughout the session. I trust you with the correct handling of your mask. You always have the opportunity to use hand sanitizer.
- The room and all surfaces and objects with which you may come into contact will be disinfected. The tools with which I work are also sanitized and I kindly ask you not to touch them.
- The parts of your bike with which we come into contact will be disinfected before and after the session.
- It will be difficult for us to stay permanently two meters apart, but we will both do our best to stay within this distance.
- If you have any comments or questions regarding these measures, I invite you to let me know prior to your session.
Do you adjust the cleats?
A bike fitting without checking the correct position of the cleats is inconceivable. It is an important element of the fit, both for an optimal force transfer and the prevention of problems upstream: knees, hips, … up to to the hands. Please do NOT replace the cleats prior to the session; we might lose an important source of information.
The adjustment of the cleats is, therefore, part of the fit, but is also proposed in an isolated session. In this case, I prefer that you come with your bike so that I check in dynamics the accuracy of the settings and the need to proceed to other adaptations (varus, valgus, leg length discrepancy, pressure distribution, length of the pedals spindles, …)
Will I leave the session with my bike set?
Normally yes, if your frame is not way too small or too large. I stock components (stems, handlebars, aerobars, saddles, pedals, cleats, …) to improve your position. I can mount them on the spot but if you don’t like the brands I use, I provide you with the pieces of information you need to make the changes yourself.
Will I get a report after the session?
Your bike and its setup are measured before and after the adjustments. A fit report will be sent to you by mail as well as the initial and final video sequences.
Your datas are always saved; if you lose them, feel free to contact me.
Do you give me recommendations for the purchase of the next bike after the fitting?
You may have already read the answer to this question in the section “other services”.
You get a list of bikes, corresponding to your position, following the bike-sizing, but not automatically following the bike-fitting. The final result of your bike fitting can direct you to a type of geometry and possibly some brands and models that can be taken into account. On request, model recommendations with the exact size and necessary components can be made in a second step: the “bike prescription”. It requires concentration, research, calculations, email exchanges, and some knowledge, so ….. time. I hope I can count on your understanding if this time is charged at 19 € per quarter of an hour.
The more precise your request, the less it will cost you.
- The calculations are based on precise coordinates, not on evaluations. These are the coordinates measured at the end of your fitting.
- I only use them for next bike calculations if you want to keep your final position resulting from your fitting.
- If the last fitting is more than two years old, I recommend a bike-sizing.
- Remember the limitations of fitting: the final position of the fitting is the one allowed by your bike and its components. Ideally, your bike should match perfectly your position. Unfortunately, very often, the opposite occurs: a position that could be better but that has to adapt to the bike and it’s components. That’s the reason why I recommend a bike sizing for the purchase of the next dream bike. That cost of such a session is ridiculous compared to the money you lose if you buy the wrong bike.
Which are the proposed payment methods?
For the Express formula: only cash
For all the other ones:
- Credit cards: Visa, Maestro, V Pay, Bancontact (no Amex or Mastercard)
You can still choose the language with which you prefer to contact me.
Ready for a fit?
Thanks for your trust. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Please take one or two minutes to provide me with some details that I need to prepare our session.
The form was successfuly sent! Check your SPAM folder in case of no reply. If no answer at all, something went wrong; please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The validation of the form was not successful! Please make sure that you filled out all the fields.
There was an error sending the form. Try again later or contact your system administrator.
You need more informations?
If you didn't find the informatons you were looking for on this site, please use this form to ask.
The form was successfuly sent! Check your SPAM folder in case of no reply.
The validation of the form was not successful! Please try again.
There was an error sending the form, try again later or contact your system administrator.